Friday 24 October 2014

The Good Life 2

I was struck by something which J John said in his series Top 10 about the 10 commandments. He was talking about a good life and what would constitute a good life - in his own inimitable way, of course. If you've never heard him, you'll find a favourite excerpt here.

J John had a unique take on how to think about life, and what God's word calls a good life. He referred to the following scripture:

'The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.' Ps 90:10

The threescore and ten adds up to seventy. So J John says we can think about this as the days of the week. If we think about it like that, I'm now into Friday. Monday to Thursday are done and gone.

And what have I done with my life so far? What will I do with the next three days, if I am granted a good life of 70 years?

What about you? Which day are you on now? Do you feel that you are living God's purpose for your life?

If not, how can you change that for the rest of your days?

No comments: