Monday 23 March 2009

Family service setlist - March 22nd AM

For the Sunday Setlist Carnival over at FredMcKinnon.com. I have used many of their ideas in different situations and have been inspired to other ideas through reading their creative thoughts and their passion for their churches and for worship that keeps God at the centre.

Our church is still being introduced to this level of cross-generational worship. The previous time that I led it, I made sure that I used relevant hymns. Our congregation, like most, responds well to wooing and very badly to revolution. This time I used fairly well known choruses and I asked the Sunday School to minister to the congregation by singing to them and through two teens who gave testimonies.

We used CD's for all the songs.

Come, Now is the Time to Worship

Item - He Knows my Name - Sunday School children
Jesus loves me - a capella

Testimonies - Teen Sunday School class

Children's Talk - The Perfect Fit for Running the Race - Pastor Donovan Holmes

Psalm 8 - I read this from a powerpoint where I had highlighted verse 2 for the congregation to read with me. It is the Sunday School verse for the year.


You have taught children and infants to tell of
your strength, silencing your enemies and all who oppose you.

I could sing of Your love Forever (Over the Mountains)
Holy is the Lord (It's Rising Up All Around)

Read from Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty

We Fall Down - offering

Sermon - What kind of family are we? - Pastor Donovan Holmes

It was a great service, filled with freedom and joy and stuff that just makes sense. Praise be to our heavenly Father!

Next time - flags and/or ribbons!

No comments: