Monday 25 August 2014

Palaces and tents


1 Chronicles 17: 1-6
Soon after David moved into his new palace, he said to Nathan the prophet, “Look around! I live in a palace made of cedar, but the sacred chest is kept in a tent.”

Nathan replied, “The Lord is with you—do what you want.”

That night, the Lord told Nathan to go to David and tell him:

David, you are my servant, so listen carefully: You are not the one to build a temple for me. I didn’t live in a temple when I brought my people out of Egypt, and I don’t live in one now. A tent has always been my home wherever I have gone with them. I chose special leaders and told them to be like shepherds for my people Israel. But did I ever say anything to even one of them about building a cedar temple for me?

Sometimes, You choose a tent. Help me to be obedient even when I don't understand.

Isaiah 55:8-9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.


Help me to trust that Your plans for me are always for shalom. Nothing missing. Nothing broken.

No comments: